13 FUNNY NAMES OF INDIAN UNIVERSITIES
Are you looking for some very interesting and unique names of universities of India? So, don’t go anywhere, you can find all those names here.
1) Baba Mast Nath University – it is located in Rohtak, Haryana, India. It’s a private and general specialization University. It was established in 2012. This name is really somehow very cool which shows that it’s a University of a BABA (Saint) who is very cool and tension free.
2) Baba Jagan Nath University – This name is also based on a Saint (BABA) but here Jagan Nath means someone who is owner of the world. This university is located in Jhajjar, Haryana, India. It is a private university established in 2013 (last year).
3) Tezpur University – This word Tezpur means a region which is full of speed or a village of Speed. This university is located in Tezpur, Assam, India. It is a central University, it was established in 1994.
4) Assam down town University – What do you understand by down town University, it seems a University of a town which is small in area. Isn’t it by the way it is cool name ‘Down Town University’. It is located in Guwahati, Assam, India, It is private university established in 2014.
5) Bastar University – ‘Basta’ is a hindi word used for bag in ancient time although these days it is not in use. But name of this university ‘Bastar’ makes a humorous sense for Indians. It is located in Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh, India. It was established in 2008 and it is a state university.
6) Guru Ghasidas University – Guru is someone who is mentor to anyone or a teacher but Ghasidas word is something different, it may be a name of a person but we separate this word into ‘Ghas + Das’ it means ‘Grass+Servant’. Isn’t it a weird name well it is interesting too. It is located in Bilashpur, Chhattisgarh, India. It’s a central University it was established in 1983.
7) Indira Kala Sangeet – Indira is a famous name in Indian history because in India there was a prime Minister named of ‘Indira Gandhi’ well after Indira here is word ‘Kala’ means black and ‘Sangeet’ means Music, who does it sound if we pronounce it in English it will be will ‘ Indira Black Music’. A Black music University sounds horrible. Well, it is located in Khairagarh, it is a state university which was established in 1956. It is specialized in Music.
8) Anand Agricultural University – We have heard about some Agricultural University but hearing a university name which begin with ‘Anand’ means pleasure is somehow cool, what does it mean? Does it mean that Agricultural University gives us ‘Pleasure’? It is located in Anand Region of Gujarat, India. It was established in 1938 and it is specialized in Agriculture.
9) Children’s University – Till now we have seen children going to school but what is this? Now there is a university for Children too, will children study higher education in University or school syllabus. Well, don’t mind it’s just a joke, we don’t have intention to hurt anyone’s sentiments we are just finding some interesting names of university which can have double meaning and trying to make you laugh. It is located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It was established in 2009. It is specialized in Education.
10) Rakhsa Shati University – Defense and Power both words are used in a name of University. Sounds a much disciplined University by name. Think before going to it. It is situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It was established in 2009, it is specialized in Police Science.
11) Bahra University – In hindi ‘Bahra’ means deaf, so does it mean that this university is deaf or for deaf students. Well, no it is neither deaf university or for deaf students, It is a general university which is located in Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was established in 2011.
12) Chitkara University – ‘Chitkara’ is a Hindi word which is used for tasting something spicy or tasting something or enjoying something little-bit. It is located in Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India.
13) POTTY University – ‘Potty’ is a Hindi word which means a pile of a Dog.